Student of the Month Story

Interviewed:
-Karis Duval
-Karis's mom (Jane)
-Karis's best friend (Aneka)
Who:
What:
Where:
When:
Why:

Karis Duval, a freshman at Bowie high school was just awarded the student of the month award this past week. Last week the whole school recognized her and her hard work.

"I got good grades," Duval said.  "I also participated in class."

She is very close with a group of her friends.

"I socialize with good students," Duval said. "They are very supportive."

The main thing that student focus on when trying to achieve this award is good grades and to always participate in class.

"I have done a lot more than what a regular student does on a daily basis," said Duval.

Karis and her mom are very close.

"I have motivated her to keep going and strive towards her goals," Jane Duval, the mother of Karis said.

She has a good attitude and keeps up with all of her work.

"She has always turned in her homework in on time," freshman Aneka Brown said. "Let's not forget she helped others in the process."

This award can be won by anyone if they try hard enough.

"You need to put in a lot of work to achieve this award," Brown said. "If you are willing to do the work you can with the award."

Student of the month is a big deal in Bowie high school.

"If you become student of the month you will be recognized," Karis said. "You know that your work payed off."

She received this award at lunch.

"The principle awarded me the student of the month," Karis said. "I was just eating lunch and he came up to me."

Her motivation was to be recognized by my peers and to motivate others.

"I wanted to get this award to feel good about myself," Karis said. "I wanted to have colleges know that I am a hard worker."

Karis plays in the band and she loves to draw.

"You can join sports and art club," Jane said. "More and more there is no limit."

Karis doesn't stop when she leaves school she does extra things for the community

"I had a garage sale," Karis said. "Half of the profits went to hurricane reliefs."

Extra credit has also helped Karis to achieving this award.

"I have done a lot extra credit," Karis said. "I have always tried to challenge myself."

 Karis and her family plan to celebrate her accomplishment.

"We are going to celebrate as a family we are going to a restaurant together," Karis said.
 (410 Words)

 


Comments

  1. Again watch the quotations. I liked the flow of the story especially the inverted pyramid style you held to. I read about things not related to the award itself at the end of the story. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts