Dispatch Issue #2

News:
Twins, Triplets, Oh My...preparing to leave each other
Summary: 
Natalie and Julian Haddad are going to be graduating high school this year and they tell the reader what it is like to have a twin. Also the Pattison twins are going to be graduating too and all of these students are going to miss each other.
1. Hope Pattison
Natalie Haddad
Sydney Pattison
Susan Haddad
Taylor Pattison
Julian Haddad
2. "I learned that having a twin really gives you someone to talk to. Whenever I'm going  through something difficult I know I have someone I love deeply who is experiencing the same thing. I'm incredibly thankful that I have a twin."
3. The lead sentence made me want to read about it because I am not a twin or a triplet, so I wanted to know what it was like.
 4. The conclusion was a quote by Julian Haddad
Commentary: 
"Bulldawg Nation" leaves lasting impression on Bowie
Summary: 
When the new principle started saying "Bulldog Nation" people hated it and made fun of it. Now that he has been doing it everyday people have started to like it and it reflects on the way out society works.
1. No body was quoted
2. There were no quotes
3. Yes, I wanted to see what she had to say about the saying "Bulldog Nation".
4. It was a statement that made you think.
Features:
Climate survey reveals student body attitude
Summary: 
The results from the latest climate survey are showing how the student body feels. The principle and administration are trying to do something to make school more enjoyable.
1. Ruth Ann Widner
Mark Robinson
Jimmy Counihan
Jessica Davis
2. "I think letting kids know they are making a difference in our school community will help, and we see that done now with morning announcements- hopefully this can expand."
3. Yes, after I read it I wanted to know the results for the climate survey and I wanted to see what would change because of it.
4. It was a quote.
Entertainment: 
JBHSOPE to face upcoming challenges
Summary: 
The marching band and color guards are competing against a very good band in the BOA competition. Bands from all around the world are trying to compete with the Texas marching bands because they bring fierce competition.
1. Jennifer Hanford
Adam Dinkins
Ali Rodriguez
2. "This competition is a super regional so it is a much bigger competition than the others we have competed in this year. It's known for being very competitive because it has mostly Texas bands, and Texas has some of the best bands in the nation."
3.Yes, because I go to almost every Bowie game to see what the color guard and what band have in store for this game.
4. It was a quote.
Athletics:
Claire Meyer makes her third dash to state
Summary: 
Claire Meyer is a very talented runner and a nice person all around. She never backs down from competition and she is a good student.
1. Rita Gonzales
Claire Meyer
Gage Haden
Kristen Sam
2. "I tripped and fell into a brick wall, and she stopped even though she needed to run and helped me to not be left behind."
3. Yes, because it was like I was in the moment with Clarie
4. It was a quote.
Reviews:
The muser-mystery Blossoms again
Summary:
Riverdale is a popular new show that has almost everyone hooked. The plot line and the way it is relevant to today's society has many begging for more.
1. Nobody was quoted
2. There were no quotes
3. Yes, because I love the show Riverdale but I haven't seen the second season. (It hasn't come out on Netflix yet..)
4. I was a quote from one of the characters.
In-Depth
Stress, The Kids are NOT ALRIGHT
Summary:  
Stress is affecting many teens in high school because of the pressure that high school gives off on them. Many teens need to find a safe place to manage their stress.
1. Lisa Saunders
Micaela Gonzalez
Piper Kopser
Cade Blagdan
Mark Robinson
2. "Just because it's hard now doesn't mean it will always be hard."
3. Yes, because I am always stressed and I sometimes don't know how to manage it.
4. It was a quote
In-Depth
30 Years of Sports
Summary:
The Bowie sports teams have changed over time. Win or loss everyone takes away something from the Bowie sports teams.
1. Howard Thompson
Celester Collier
Micheal Griffin
Micheal Saenz
Carrie Hoffman-Howell
Erika Pesek
2. "Pride in performance: Tradition carries on."
3. Yes, it made it seem like I was at another amazing Bowie football game.
4. It was a quote.
Final Step:
1. My favorite photo in the paper was the recreation of an old picture by the Haddad twins.
A1. This picture is very cute and it is cool to see how they both grew up.
2. My least favorite photo is the Whataburger photo.
2A. It is very bland and it focuses on one person.
3. I would have had the most fun taking a photograph for the story: JBHSOPE to face upcoming challenges.
4. The photography in this issue was very good the only picture I don't like is the Whataburger picture.
LAST TASK:
We could write about the old principle of Bowie and what he thinks about the changes that have been taking place. I think Victoria Newell did an amazing job in his story: Students help to advise new principle. For commentary we could write about the theatre company and the reviews on their shows. For opinion we could write about the student's opinion on leaving school early after mid-terms.

Comments

Popular Posts