CE #4

1. How much money did Steve Adler raise in his 2014 Austin Mayor's race, according to the story on page A1 "Adler raises $283,164..." Adler raised 1 million dollars in Austin Mayor's race. 

2. How many jobs could be created if Apple decides to make Austin its second headquarters? Page B5 "Could Austin be chosen for Apple's..." There will be 20,000 new jobs. 

3. What are two digital currencies mentioned in the article on page B6 "Bitcoin below $10,000..."
Bitcoin and Cboe and CME
4. What are the final three potential locations for a new MLS soccer stadium in Austin? Page C1 "Exposition Center ruled out as a potential home" Butler Shores Metropolitan Park, Roy Guerrero Metropolitan Park, and McKalla Place. 

5. What is "Dinder"? Page D1

Dinder is a dating app that suggests a meeting time and a restaurant and if it doesn't work out then you stop the match. 

Long Response:


Read the story on page D6 "Child actors have always had it rough..."

Summarize the article in a two-three sentences.

Child Actors in 2018 have it harder than ever. Social media is throwing hate and inappropriate comments at them. Children should not worry about publicity and fans when they are still young.  
What are some of the problems with being a child actor, according to the article?

To be a child actor you get a lot of hate and children take that hate straight to the heart. 
You are also treated like an adult and you start working from a very young age. Becoming a child actor could be extremely hard when you are the one providing food for your family. 
Which of the shows mentioned in the article have you watched?

I have watched Full House. I really enjoyed that show, but many of them were so small when it happened and for some of them acting took a big toll on them. 
What is your current "binge" favorite?
My current binge favorite is Stranger Things. I really enjoy the show even though I am not that far into the series. 
What medium do you get your entertainment (i.e. Hulu, Netflix, etc.)?

I get my entertainment from Netflix and YouTube. My parents got Netflix for my birthday and I have been obsessed with shows since then. 
How do you watch most of your entertainment?

I watch most of my entertainment in my bed or I listen to it while I am doing homework. I watch Netflix on my phone or laptop. I just snuggle up with my cat and lay there for hours watching episodes upon episodes. 
Would you want to be a child actor? Why? or Why not?

I would not want to be a child actor. First I am very shy and I do not like having people watching me. I also do not like to show off and wear dresses. I like wearing baggy things that I am comfortable in. 
Have you ever tried to communicate to a Hollywood star or used social media to talk about a show? Why and what platform did you use?

I have not tried to communicate with any Hollywood stars because they are busy and I do not need to talk to them. They are on a very busy schedule and I am too, so I have not had time to reach out. 

Comments

Popular Posts