Intro to Portraits and Self-Portraits

Tips that helped:#1. Take a Series of Shots
Switch your camera into ‘burst’ or ‘continuous shooting’ mode and fire off more than one shot at a time.
In doing this you create a series of images that could be presented together instead of just one static image.
This technique can work very well when you’re photographing children – or really any active subject that is changing their position or pose in quick succession.

#2. Hold Your Camera on an Angle Horizontal and Vertical framings are not the only options when it comes to shooting portraits. While getting your images straight can be important in when shooting in these formats holding your camera on a more diagonal angle can also inject a little fun into your images.This type of framing can add a sense of fun and energy into your shots. Just don’t ‘slightly’ do it or you’ll have people asking themselves if you might have mistakenly held your camera crooked.

#3. Hands and Other DetailsThe hands of a farmer, a pianist, a baker. The feet of a ballet dancer, a long distance runner, a place kicker. The belly of a pregnant woman, the bicep of a weight lifter. Hair caressing a pillow, fingers clutched in prayer, a peering eye. The details of the human body make great photographic subjects, either as expressions of ideas or emotions, as graphic shots, or as a way to say something about an individual. Whenever you are photographing someone, try to think of details of their body or dress that would get your message across in an indirect way.
Are there particular parts of their body or items of what they wear that are important to what they do for a living or a hobby? Does some part of them really stand out? Can you find a way to abstract what you want to say about the person by using one of these elements?
The point is to use your eyes and your imagination, whether you want to use detail and abstraction to say something about an individual or about the beauty of the human body. If you are making photographs of details of the human body, you will be working intimately with people and will have to direct them, tell them where to pose, and how.

Environmental Portrait
I picked this portrait because it shows a strong women who loves to compete and work out. The background does not take away from the main subject. Also from the photo I got that she is a runner because of the track in the background. 

I picked this picture because of the way the lady is sitting. No one usually sits like that and it looks different. I also like the hat on the boat. Lastly, the background does not take away from the main subject even though it is pretty.

Photography Self-Portrait

I picked this photo because it really appealed to my eyes. It is a beautiful photo and the way they incorporated the trees into her hair looks amazing. How I take this picture is that this girl really connects with nature and she finds the outdoors as her safe place. The background is very settle and it does not take the focus from the girl. 
I picked this picture because she looks calm as the picture is taken. I take this picture as what she is feelings on the inside. She has had a hard life and she feels like she is drowning. I also really like how you see her above and below the tide. The background doesn't take away from the main subject.

Casual Portrait 

I really like this picture. It captures a women and she looks happy while she looks off into the distance. What I thought was, "What is she looking at?" because I really want to know. The background is gorgeous and it still doesn't take away from the main subject. The pink from her shirt and the flowers on her head really pop out. I also like that she is not sitting up all the way it looks really casual. 
I picked this photo because the snow in the background really brings out the girl in the picture. I also liked all the colors she is wearing it is not too bright on the eyes. In the picture it looks like a gust of wind is blowing and I can almost feel it from the other side of the screen. The background does not take away from the main subject at all. I also like the branch at the top because it is the same color as her jacket.

For my portrait shots
I will be shooting myself for the self portrait. I will be looking off into the distance. I will do this on this trail that leads to the Dick Nickels park. I also have another idea where will be balancing a soccer ball on my head and laughing because it is really hard to do. If I do that one it will be in my backyard. For the Environmental portrait I will try to get a picture of my mom's friend's baby. For this I will have him laying in the grass crawling around and playing with toys. I will make sure to get on ground level with him to make it from a different perspective  (This will be in my backyard.) I will  make sure nothing in the background takes away from him. For the Casual portrait I will try to shoot my boyfriend if he agrees to it. We will be walking with his dog and I will take a picture of him and his dog on a walk from the ground view. This will be a challenge. If I cannot do that then I will do my brother playing soccer. This will be at a middle school right off the highway. I will shoot him kicking the soccer ball into the goal. Or I will shoot him saving the ball before it goes in the goal. He will be diving to get the ball. I will make sure the ball isn't a bright color and make sure nothing is in the background except for grass and the goal. 

Comments

Popular Posts