My Favorite Cover


Favorite
"The cover of Kinfolk Issue Eleven: The Home Issue was shot by Maia Flore, a Paris-based photographer we love working with because of her interesting conceptual ideas and dreamy style. The cover image was part of Maia’s photo essay inside titled “Becoming Your Home.” After a long, cold winter, the image seemed to express that feeling of cabin fever, climbing the walls, sinking into the furniture. At the same time, the image has a warm color and a childlike feeling of play. The Home Issue was one of our more straightforward themes, but the photography displayed on our simply designed cover marked a change in direction toward more artful content."
My Critique:
This photo does not show the expression of the lady that is stuck in the house. I would like to see how she is feeling. The lighting really compliments her hair and her outfit does too. When I see this photo I think of someone who has grown up and is ready to move out. Their childhood house is now too old and they are leaving to go on their own. I really like how you can see every strand of her hair and the creases in her pants. Overall I really like this photo. The model looks relaxed while in an uncomfortable pose. 

Comments

Popular Posts