Spring Break Extra Credit Writing

Over this spring break I did many different things. One of the things that I did was I met up with my best friend from Missouri. I haven’t seen her in almost a year, seeing her really released the pain of moving from my heart. She ran up to me at the airport and gave a gigantic hug that I could have sworn lasted several minutes. After we got her bags and made it to the car it was time to drive her to our house. This in my mind was the best part because she got to see the beautiful place that I lived in. In the car she saw her first HEB, this made my family laugh because she was so mesmerized by it. Let’s skip to the good part of the vacation. Oh wait a second, I forgot to introduce you to my friend. Well my friend’s name is Maggy she is not as tall as me (Don’t tell her I said that), she has dark hair, and beautiful almost yellow looking eyes. Honestly her and I are so much alike it is crazy. I am a little off track, let’s get back to the good stuff. My family and I brought her to six flags while she was visiting. The only problem was that the lines were so long and Maggy is very impatient. Don’t worry, she knows that it is true. When we arrived inside the park we found a ride and the line was very long, my mom wanted us to wait to ride it. Half way through waiting Maggy asked how long is the line and I knew that today was going to be a long never ending question of, “How long until we can get onto the ride?” day. Overall she did not ask as many times as I thought she would have which is good. Another thing that Maggy and I did was we got our toes painted. That was the weirdest thing I have ever felt. All I could think the whole time was, “The poor lady with my stinky stubby toes.” Okay, I always knew that I was ticklish, but I never really found out how ticklish I was until the lady who was doing my toes scrubbed my foot. I was laughing and squirming up a storm. The whole salon looked at me and they either laughed with me or they stared at me like I had ten heads. Also after that I picked this color that looked like skin color, so it didn’t stick out. The nail lady tested it on her nail and it was practically clear. I got up and picked another nail color as quick as I could before the lady got more upset with me than she already was. I scurried back to where I was sitting and handed her the new color. Then I looked at Maggy and she was getting this bright fluorescent pink that made my eyes tear up just by looking at it. I am not kidding you it was like glow stick bright. Then I look down at my nails and they are pink. Pink, pink, pink, pink, and pink. My whole right foot was covered in that horrid color, pink. I couldn’t bring myself to say anything, so I guess I am stuck with pink for the rest of my life. Let’s be real for a second, pedicures usually last a lifetime (at least for me). Yes, sometimes you see me in a big pink sweatshirt. That is because most likely all of my other sweatshirts are in the wash as I speak. When I wear this pink sweatshirt I feel like a cat in a sweater. Search it up, they do not look happy. One last thing, my mom scheduled a dentist appointment right in the middle of our vacation. I was very upset because the whole rest of the day was just spent at the dentist and Maggy was stuck sitting in the waiting room. This dentist appointment was supposed to be a regular check up until the dental nurse found that I had a cavity. The funny thing was that the cavity was on the same tooth that had already been drilled and filled before I moved to Texas. The dentist felt that we should get this “quick” procedure done with today, so I agreed and started freaking out in my head. A little later she came in with a big needle and said, “Are you ready for a little pinch?” I asked if I could squeeze her hand just incase it hurt. Don’t worry, I squeezed a different nurse’s hand. After the shot it felt like someone had punched me right in the lip. Then it started to spread across the left side of my face until it sounded I had a lisp. The procedure went well and I thought everything was fine until it was time for the dentist to talk to my mom. She explained that from the x-rays that it looked like I have to get all four of my wisdom teeth surgically removed soon before they bump into my other teeth. The blood in my body turned ice cold and I felt like I was going to throw up. My mom set up a date for over the summer, so that the surgery would not affect my grades. I sped walked out of that room as fast as I could and went home with my dad and Maggy. I still cannot believe that I am going to have my wisdom teeth taken out. Overall my spring break was filled with some awkward moments that make it ten times better when I look back on it in a couple years.

Comments

Popular Posts